Thursday, October 28, 2010

Homework 10/28/10

Period 1
Post Vocabulary sentences

Period 3
A. Finish Vocabulary pictures if you did not finish them in class.
B. Study for vocab Quiz (15 mins)
C. Reading Questions:
Directions: Answer the questions below on a piece of paper and title it "In Harmony with Nature" questions OR click on the link, print it out and answer the questions.

1. Who created the first American literature?

2. How many different types of groups were there and how many different languages did they speak?

3. What dictated the Native American's way of life?

For the following quotes, fill in the blank.
4. "They had complex ___________ ___________ , sophisticated _____________ systems, and strong social _________ [...]"

5. "Native American literatures were _____________, passed down from generation to generation by ___________________ and ________________. "

6. Define creation myth:

7. Define ritual song:

8. True or False: You will be experiencing the stories as you would if you belonged to the cultures they came from.
Explain your answer:

9. When were the stories collected and translated into English?

10. What are the words beauty, wisdom and humor describing on pg. 21 of the packet(those are the last highlighted words on that page) ?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reception of the bad news was instantly followed by angry shouting and threatening words.

The toddler’s incipient vocabulary amused her parents.

His anger was perceptible even though the tried to hide it.

The young boy was susceptible to his parent’s religious influence.

The college student had an affinity for wild parties and long nights and rarely got his work done.

The biased teacher handed out “definitive” packets that were obviously subjective and opinionated.

Your infinitesimal knowledge on the subject prevents you from giving a valid argument.

Computers have a finite limit on their capabilities, although scientists are working on expanding that limit.

The Dream Team! said...

After the 50 yard reception, the San Diego Chargers threw another reception to Malcolm Floyd for the game winning touchdown.

As the point guard stopped his dribble, you could tell of his incipient feelings of fear.

While the girl showed little interest in History by yawning it was perceptible that she had no interest in the subject.

With much dignity, the young boy said "NO" to drugs and therefor most of his classmates were susceptible to his action.

Knowing my affinity for basketball, many rookies take advantage of the fact that I will teach them how to shoot or dribble.

As a team, we all showed definitive descriptions of what we can do if we all worked together.

The basketball seemed infinitesimal and as I looked closer I saw that it was a girl's ball.

During a basketball game I show no finite with how many points I score, as a matter a fact I show infinite progress with my points until the game ends.

Jared said...

Vocab Words (10/28/10)

(1)Reception: I told my little brother to be grateful for the reception of the gift he'd gotten from his father.

(2)Incipient: I told Shawn that if he was going to drink juice in the living room, he'd better be less incipient.

(3)Perceptible: He claims that it is very perceptible when you stare at him.

(4)Susceptible: The teenage boy could not be around drugs or alcohol, for the addiction his parents suffered from had made him very susceptible.

(5)Affinity: I told Destiny that I would have no affinity for her if she fell off of the rail that I had told her not to climb on in the first place.

(6)Definitive: The judge had made a definitive decision when he told John that he'd be doing a life long sentence for the crimes he'd committed.

(7)Infinitesimal: I accidentally stepped on a snail last night, for it was so infinitesimal.

(8)Finite: Your life is very finite in this world, so do not take it for-granted.

Anonymous said...

I emailed the powerpoint.

reception - At my wedding reception, one of the few celebrities who were attending were Hayley Williams of Paramore.

incipient - The way the criminal was behaving at court made him incipient.

perceptible - When I am alone, sometimes, I have the ability to realize there is a perceptible invisible presence or energy surrounding me.

susceptible - When I am in an escalated argument I try to be susceptible at best!

affinity - I have a secret affinity that I should not have.

definitive - I try to be as definitive as possible in a college search to receive desired college admission information.

Infinitesimal - atoms have electrons and protons that form an element on the periodic table and their sizes... well, they are infinitesimal.

finite - My career shall never consist of finite motivation.