Thursday, October 8, 2009

Homework 10/8/09

Period 3
Finish your final draft of your Creation Essay

Period 1
1. Post Vocab Sentences

2. Write a 1 pg response to the following warm up assignment:
Tell me everything you know, feel, think about the "Aging out" process.
Tell me of people that you know that graduated from SPA and what they're up to. How successful do you feel they are? If not, very successful, what did they do to not be successful?
What do you think life will be like when you're out? Give me a picture (figuratively speaking) of your life after SPA.

3. Study for your "Final" by studying the following questions:
  1. How do you "attack" a prompt?
  2. What is the purpose of hand gestures? How effective are they?
  3. Why is The Bible not considered a myth?
  4. Why did Ms. Ramirez start the class by learning about creations stories?
  5. What does the Ramirez outline look like?
  6. What are the functions of creation myths?
  7. What is a thesis?
  8. What did Dona Maria do to her people?
  9. What three things are require in the introduction?
  10. Who told their creation stories orally?
  11. Did the creation stories change your thoughts about anything? Explain why or how.
  12. How accurately do readers get to see the Native American traditions in the creation stories? How doe the stories compare to "the real deal" (aka. performance)?
  13. What are the similarities and differences between Genesis and the Native American stories, in reference to: 1.) animals 2.) god 3.) Men and women

7 comments:

Abby said...

1. I like to induce my house parents that I am doing my homework so that they believe I am doing good in school.
2. The charming boy used his seduction ways to ask the girl to the dance.
3. Our community meetings in our house are usually not very consequential at times.
4. In certain states they execute people for certain crimes.
5. Quinn was being obsequious when she told me that my glasses looked nice on me.
6. I found the library a conducive place to study in.
7. There was a deduction in his check because of taxes.
8. I put my clothes in sequential order after they are clean and folded.

POKEY said...

Raquel Martinez

1.Conductive – The quiet environment of the cafĂ© is conductive to my learning.

2.Deduction - After looking over the evidence the jury came to a deduction that the defendant was guilty.

3.Induce – As a young child I was induced to get better grades.

4.Seduction – Despite the fact the man was sober for 10 years the seduction of alcohol is still tempting.

5.Consequential – Nothing in the world is more consequential to me than my family.

6.Execute – When I am given an important task I tend to execute it first.

7.Obsequious – At San Pasqual there are plenty of people who are obsequious

8.Sequential – My favorite TV. show is sequential.

TedraMc. said...

Tedra McNair
October 8, 2009
Period, 1
#111


Vocabulary Words

1.)Conducive: A football helmet is conductive to a player because it prevents them from receiving a concussion.

2.)Deduction: There was a massive deduction from my pay-check because of today’s bad economy.

3.)Induce: the boys attempted to induce their teacher with money in order to raise there grades up and ended up with a law suite.

4.)Seduction: They gave into the seduction of the cookies that they were told specifically not to eat.

5.)Consequential: He didn’t realize how consequential it was to study for his final exam.

6.)Execute: Stanley “Tookie” Williams was executed after spending decades in prison.

7.)Obsequious: The obsequious people in my house are distrustful, which is why I don’t like them.

8.)Sequential: The “Harry Potter” series were all sequential to one another.

Belinda said...

1. Most of the time in the cafe, it is not very conducive to study.
2. I hate the fact that we have to have a deduction on our paychecks.
3. They induced me to do the prank and I finally gave in; but then we got caught and I got all the blame.
4. The boy had a seduction for the new girl.
5. My first draft wasn't very consequential because I didn't have all my ideas down.
6. Since Jack was sentenced to death, he has to wait years to be executed.
7. The kid's talent was very obsequious.
8. I hate having to put a story's events in sequential order.

Unknown said...

1. I found Derek's explanation of Geometry conducive.

2. In Geometry, we learned about deductive reasonings and how to prove them by using facts.

3. I induced my grandma to get me a cell phone.

4. Some girls try to get a guys attention by using seduction.

5. A consequential event in history was the civil war.

6. At twelve noon, we will execute our plan.

7. My ex boyfriend is a very obsequious person.

8. Thankfully, my history study guide was in sequential order.

Lorelye said...

1. Quiet study area are conducive to finishing homework.
2. His deduction was to leave because of her action.
3. The books were put in sequential order.
4. The doctors had to induce him so he would take the treatment to save his life.
5. Seduction is used in commercials to get consumers attention.
6. The consequential information was given to the principal.
7. To execute her plan she need some equipment.
8. The obsequious dog was a good example at the dog training.

Anonymous said...

1.His boss was very conductive when it came the new position.
2.The deduction cause them to not buy the house they always wanted.
3."Make sure you put them in sequential order" said billy.
4.He tried to induce me, but it didn't work.
5.His seduction cause him a new baby.
6.His consequential actions cause him to stay in his rooms.
7.The man had to execute the boy in order to save his own life.
8.He was very obsequious to the substitute teacher.

Zachary Money