Friday, January 30, 2009

Giving you my side

Hello my juniors,
I am writing to see if I can't get some type of dialogue going on. Some of the topics of concern for me, are the fact that many of you seem to feel like school, or maybe just my class, is a joke. I am not sure what some of you think is a good strategy for succeeding, but so far, it appears to me like many of you are making poor choices when it comes to turning in homework and participating in class. I will be the first to admit that I am not a rigid person that requires for you all to be robots and perfect all of the time, but I do expect that you uphold your end of the teacher student bargain, which is for you to 1.)BE RESPONSIBLE AND SHOW UP TO CLASS 2.) COME PREPARED TO CLASS WITH YOUR HOMEWORK AND MATERIALS and 3.) FOR YOU TO BE RESPECTFUL OF PEOPLE THAT ARE RESPECTFUL TOWARDS YOU. (On this note please stop and think of the times in which I have been disrespectful towards you or someone in your class.)
Simply put, this is your wake up call from someone who cares about you and wants you to succeed and learn lessons that are worth more than any book or test will provide for you. My support of you is intended be more other than just giving you a reading assignment and homework. However, a lot of the lessons that I teach require a certain amount of maturity and responsibility, so I think this is the time for you to ask yourself, "Do I have the amount of maturity required to learn what Ms. Ramirez is trying to teach me?" (and again, I remind you that the stuff I am referring to is more than just The Declaration of Independence or Parts of Speech, but WHY this stuff is valuable and what WE can learn from it. When you learn vocabulary they aren't just stupid words, but you are learning the art of being able to communicate well and saying exactly what you wanted to say.)
If you answered that you are not mature enough, or if you have noticed that Ms. Ramirez has seemed a bit discouraged by students' irresponsibility when they do not turn in their homework, when they are completely lost in class because they are talking to someone else, or when they claim they were not here on the day that the handout was passed out, please think of a way in which this can be improved.
You may or may not be one of the students that has to deal with this personally, but you do deal with it indirectly since you are a whole class and I often refer to the class as a whole. Therefore, I would like for you to respond to this commentary in whichever way you like. You may agree or disagree, you may submit any ideas that will help your period improve or help me help you, individually or as a class, to improve your success in my class.
YOU HAVE THE OPTION OF POSTING THIS ON THE BLOG OR EMAILING IT TO ME. YOU WILL RECEIVE HOMEWORK CREDIT.
My email is ramirez.erendira@gmail.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will do this right away !!!

Anonymous said...

just so you know the only time i miss class is if i'm pulled out or it's an emergeny !!!(refering to the wksheet comment)

Anonymous said...

i understand that you are writing this because you care.. and this quarter i have been a big procarstinater ( dont know how to spell that i guessed ) with my homework . but as far as participating i do i think i am one of the main ones that do i paqy attention wellit didnt really show on paper. but this quarter will change for me as far as WORk....Amber

Anonymous said...

so what up miss rameriz....i also understand where your coming from...im going to make a change in my future...starting out with my..[WORK]

Anonymous said...

I believe that you are doing as much as you can,as a teacher, trying to help your students succeed, but the students make the choice. I honestly believe that many students are lazy but their excuse is that "its too easy here" but in reality it is just as hard as any other place. I believe people need to have a certain mind set in order to make progress in their work ethic. As a teacher, i would believe more in my students and have hope. But, not sympathy for their past because it will only week them weak.

Anonymous said...

i think even dough not all our class is turning in homework, i really will agree that our class is sucessfull most of the time; but we just get off topic all the time.(not that it is a bad thing)
Literary, i've learned a lot about everything, such as: my self as a person, my place in this world, and how to be succesful in this world in a positive matter.I mostlty like how the content in class is delivered, it just makes everything much more easier to understand. Even dough sometimes it may seem like i speak to much in our english class, i really try to be as much help in that class to make it successful. Most of the time you just catch me at the wrong time. i swear you got like super sonic ears.. lol

Ray Rodriguez

Anonymous said...

I understand why you wrote this and I agree with you. I don't think that you need to change the way you do things in the class because it is our own faults if we are failing by not turning in our homework or participating. I can only be responsible for myself and it is my fault for how I have been in class. I have had a lot going on and has made it difficult for me to focus. A lot of kids hate this place, like I do, and for awhile I just decided I didn't want to have anything to do with this place, including school. I don't think you are doing anything wrong or need to do anything to change your class. It's not your fault we don't do our work. If we fail it's because we let it happen and if we don't it's because we really wanted it. I do get a lot out of your class, I just don't have the motivation to try and that is all on me. I will try to put my private life aside for class so I can focus.

Kassy Cannon
Period3

Anonymous said...

Hi,Ms.Ramirez I pesonally think that I have been a little bit irresponsible I haven't had the geatest times right now and I am not saying that because of my problems is o.k. to lack in school I just need a little time to recover I am really sorry, I am dissapointed for my self because i don't want to be lacking I am really sorry. Sincerly, Ana



THE EIGHT SENTENCES

1) T -rex's were carnivorous, they ate herbivorous.

2) The giraffe is a herbivorous, it only eats trees and grass.

3) Us, humans are omnivorous we eat plants and meat.


4) I was voracious before christmas I wanted to open those presents.

5) I think that WW1 was a carnage of people. because every body got killed no matter what.

6) A lot of cristians think that sex before marriage is a carnal thing.

7) The cainival that is for May 5, is huge in Mexico, it is really colorful.

8)I believe that incarnation is not true, but I do admit that some one can look a lot like some one else.